Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Goodbye, Goodbye

A dear friend of mine, whom we shall call Sarah, thought it would be perfectly acceptable to go off to New York for about two months. I do not enjoy saying goodbye to people at all. I suppose that it would have been somewhat appropriate if I wasn’t going on a small trip myself. So, today was the last time I am to see her before she leaves. What did I do? I hugged her tightly and wished her a good trip. What is happening to me? I didn’t even cry. I didn’t moan. My body didn’t feel as if it was dissipating. I will miss her with a great sense of desperation though. Oh, I do hope she enjoys New York. Darling, makes sure you go shopping. You will make me so proud if you do that. What on earth do I think I am saying? You always make me proud. Goodbye, my friend. Goodbye. I shall await your return with baited breath…

No comments: