Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Romantic couple of the year

Sometimes I do talk a bit too much. I never quite know when to shut up because I tend to know what is going on with absolutely everyone. That is not my fault. It’s quite a gift, really. I spoke the truth as I saw it. I truly did. I just don’t know if Joey would see it that way or Alyssa.

I found myself wondering what attracts men to her. I believe it’s because she’s low maintenance. She doesn’t require a lot and she doesn’t have much class either. She’s not particularly brilliant. Her teeth, well, we won't even go there. Yet, all of the men in my program seem to pay a lot of attention to her, seem to think that she’s gorgeous, or at least something else equally as rediculess. It’s simply appalling. It truly is. But, most of those men are on General relief or in some sort of half way house. Of course they’d be attracted to white trash. How cruel I’ve been! How could I have possibly been this upset and somewhat angry with them? She’s within reach. She’s a working class girl. Oh Joey and Alyssa’s relationship is truly a Drug Addict’s love story.

Joey is on probation and this girl is doing community service. They met when she was just beginning the process of getting things together. Though, he is somewhat on his feet, it’s still like watching the blind leading the blind. Is this not the stuff romantic novels are based on? I truly hope they could come up with something just a little bit more exciting! They hang out at my program with each other. I’m sure the attraction is there, but I don’t see the fiery spark, the bolt of lighting as my mentor would put it. They’re boring to watch. Their relationship is like watching a slow movie that promises to have a riveting ending. You keep your eyes glued to the screen waiting for the movie to either pick up speed or just end, preferably with a sense of devastation, distraught, pain, and sorrow.

So, I’ve detained you long enough. I might as well as tell you what I was gossiping about. I was talking to a dear friend of mine. We shall call her Jessica. She hates gossiping on any level and I highly respect that about her. That is what makes us such good friends. In any event I brought up a situation that happened at our program last Saturday, in which Alyssa didn’t behave appropriately. In the beginning my thought process was not what it should have been, but I corrected it and took the right action. But, Alyssa carried on and on about the situation at hand. At that point, I saw her true colors. I shared with Jessica what happened and exactly how I viewed Joey’s situation with Alyssa. He doesn’t realize what he has gotten himself into. He really doesn’t. He seems to love dramatic women. Why do you think he used to have feelings for me?

I trust Jessica. I am just somewhat concerned that she will feel the need to rectify this particular situation, to either allow Alyssa to know she’s unhappy about how she chose to carry herself or else, to help her find her path. I think she should just let the silly girl fall flat on her face. No matter what Jessica decides it will happen. I will no longer say anything out loud about it. But when she falls, and she will, I will laugh. She wants to play the girlfriend card; wants to be friendly with us, she can go right ahead. I have absolutely no problem playing a role.

When things end with Joey, and they will, whose side are they going to take? They will take his. They always do. Since he is a good person (A factor I shall not deny), he can do no wrong in their eyes. It will be her fault. And who will she have to lean back on? Perhaps there will be a man, who wants nothing more than to use her. Being used by someone does nothing more than diminish the woman she could have been.

I will silently laugh at all of this. She wants to live her life in the program spotlight. I did it for awhile. I will not take her moment away from her. Who am I to deny her that right? If I really wanted to I think I could knock her off her high horse. But, why waste my time on those people? She’ll learn soon enough. You’ll see…

No comments: