Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I thought I had already lost my mind...

I had to go and prove myself wrong, of course. People have always called me crazy. But, if they knew about yesterday they would consider me perfectly sane before what I did. Normal people don’t do these things. They just don’t. It doesn’t occur to them to do such things and even if it did they would not follow those particular thoughts to conclusion.

Mr. Wrong’s mother had told me a couple of weeks ago where he was in rehab. I wasn’t sure if that was the name of the treatment facility or just the city it happened to be in. I decided to put the internet to good usage. I looked it up, did some research if you will. I wish I hadn’t done it, but I did.

Perhaps one would think I was just curious about his where a bouts. That is in fact the truth. Naturally, I was curious about where he was. Who wouldn’t be? A lot of people are. But, they didn’t find the place. I suppose I wouldn’t be labeled as insane if the next steps hadn’t taken place.

I went online and found out when there were meetings there, for people who weren’t just in the treatment facility. I even found out what day they were. Then I called some friends I knew of who go to that meeting. I asked them if they knew who he was. They were sure that they did. And in two weeks I think I am planning to go there. I realize I’ve completely lost my mind… I’ve completely gone off the deep end… But, you want to know something? I have to know.

I wish I could tell you what I have to know exactly, but I can’t put it into words. I just have to see him again; even it’s just one more time. I want to see him smile at me, while I pretend to be aloof, as if I don’t care. You want to know a secret? I care more about him than I am willing to admit.

No comments: